Friday 30 May 2008

Take That - Barlow Supports Take That Musical

TAKE THAT singer GARY BARLOW has given his blessing to a new stage production based on the British band's music.

When the project was announced in 2007, the recently reformed boyband said it would not be involved with the show, insisting the musical had "absolutely and 100 per cent nothing to do with Take That".

But after hearing positive feedback for Never Forget, which made its debut at London's Savoy Theatre on Thursday (22May08), Barlow has since changed his stance.

He says, "At first I thought it sounded horrible. But the reports I've seen have been really good so there must be something good in it. I've had some friends who went to see it in Manchester and they said the cast were amazing.

"I don't really know a lot about it, but the people I know that have been really had a good time... I'm just worried that they're better than us."

But the 37-year-old star doesn't have plans to see the show in person any time soon: "I don't think we can sit in that audience somehow."

Never Forget tells the story of a Take That tribute band and includes several of the group's hits, including Relight My Fire, Pray and Back For Good.




See Also